Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Daily Letters

I came across an interesting idea while browsing online. It gave me a list of 30 or so people, all anonymous, such as a friend, a brother, a soldier, etc. The idea is to write one letter a day. So I'm going to attempt to do that. Here's my first one.

Day 1 – Your Best Friend

Dear Best Friend,
You know who you are. In fact, you know who you all are. I love each and every one of you with all of my heart. You bring something special to the table and enhance my life in more ways than I would ever even be able to articulate. When I’m feeling sad, someone is there with a laugh. If I’m feeling stupid, someone is there to assure me that yes, I am stupid, but hey – it’s really not that big of a deal. Everybody has a best friend, and it would be cliché to say that nobody’s friends are as good as mine, but I’m saying it right here, right now, my friends are the best. Even if we just want to sit around our rooms and pig out on junk food it’s still a guaranteed good time. Going into any of their houses and feeling like another child to their family is a feeling that everyone should experience at some point in their lives. Friends are what get you through life. No matter what else you have, if you have friends, you have everything. And no, I don’t mean just the friend who you say hello to when you pass them on the street. I’m talking about the annoying, wonderful, hilarious, obnoxious, stupid, goofy, loving, intelligent, caring best friends that everyone deserves in their life. So to each and every one of you, don’t take them for granted. Appreciate them for all that they are worth and love them always.

No comments:

Post a Comment