Friday, July 16, 2010

Letter 3

Day Three – Your Parents

Dear Mom,
I know that we’ve been through a lot over the years, but what mother-daughter duo hasn’t? You’ve been a stronghold in my life throughout it all, and I am forever grateful for everything you do. I know it doesn’t always seem that way, but you should know it’s always true. Coming home this summer was going to be an adjustment for us both, but I think we’ve both done a great job of handling it. I am honestly going to miss being home when I’m at school, but I know we’ll have a great time whenever you come visit like we have every other time. I am who I am because of you, and I’m so proud of all you’ve accomplished in the past couple of years. Thank you for making me who I am today, and know that as I get older, we will only get closer. I love you.

Dear Dad,
I think I’ve always been a daddy’s girl, but not to the extent that kids are these days. I’ve always loved spending time with you and playing games. I remember playing that mastermind game all the time when I was little. That was always such a good time. Or when I used to make you come meet me halfway when I was walking home from Kelsey’s, which was literally only 7 houses down the street. But you always came and met me, and we would walk back together and I would babble about the nonsense that only a ten year old girl babbles about. Even though I don’t see you as much or spend as much time with you as I used to, I still love it when I get a chance to. You’ve given me so much throughout my life, and just like I told Mom, I am who I am because of you. Thank you for everything that you’ve done and continue to do in my life. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment