Thursday, July 22, 2010

Letter 7

Day 7 – Your Ex-Boyfriend

Dear Matt,
Thank you for everything that you have taught me and everything we’ve been through. I know it’s been a long time since we’ve even spoken, but I learned a lot from you. I learned how far I could be pushed before I broke. I learned how low I could go before it was possible to turn back around and pick myself up. I learned how strong I could be and how to stand up for myself. You gave me good memories and you gave me some bad ones. You taught me who I want to be in a relationship. You taught me what to look for, and what not to look for. You taught me about broken promises and empty words. But you taught me what love is, and for that, I am forever grateful. I have no regrets when it comes to us, and it was a long time ago. The past is done, and I no longer dwell in it. I can smile when I think back to the memories of it, but I can also cringe. I lost myself because of you, but I also found myself. You forced me to look inside myself and discover who it is that I want to be. It was a long climb to get to where I am now, but I wouldn’t do it any differently. No matter what, thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment